UK Game-Day Operations
Rupp Arena now utilizes walk-through metal detectors. This applies at all general public, student and premium entrances. Upon arrival, fans will be requested to remove items like cell phones, keys, bags/purses and large metal objects that may set off the alarm.
A special “Express Lane” will be set up for patrons entering the arena without purses & bags.
Although these units are more effective and faster than handheld metal detectors, patrons should still plan to arrive early to events in order to avoid standing in long lines. Doors will continue to open at Rupp Arena 90 minutes prior to tip-off.
In addition, Rupp Arena security will not permit the following items inside the area:
- All illegal substances (tobacco products and electronic cigarettes are permitted in the designated smoking area outside of the arena)
- Artificial noisemakers and irritants
- Signs larger than 24" by 24"
- Beach balls
- Cameras with detachable lenses
- Selfie sticks
- Video or audio recorders
- Glass and aluminum containers
- Helium balloons
- Laser pointers/pens
- Outside food and beverages
- Stadium seats in excess of 18" wide or stadium seats with hard plastic or metal parts.
- Bags/purses in excess of 12" x 12" x 6"
* Diaper Bags may exceed this size requirement, please see Guest Services desk for a visual inspection. All bags and jackets are subject to inspection at all Rupp Arena entrances.
The following items are welcome inside Rupp Arena:
- Bags – one per person, not to exceed 12" x 12" x 6"; all bags are subject to inspection
- Camera lenses – maximum length six inches; no detachable lenses
- Service animals – as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Personal Chairbacks / Stadium Seats – maximum width 18 inches and cannot have any hard plastic or metal parts
- Strollers – small collapsible style
UK Athletics and Rupp Arena are committed to creating a safe and fan-friendly environment.
REDUCED PARKING DUE TO ONGOING CONSTRUCTION
Due to reduced parking in the High Street lots, fans are encouraged to use alternative game-day parking options that are listed below.
The Transit Center Parking Garage (150 E. Vine St.), the Helix Parking Garage (15-160 W. Main St.) and Courthouse Garage (105 Barr St.) have been made available for the 2018-19 season in addition to the Victorian Square Parking Garage (350 W. Short St.) from prior seasons. Other Lexington parking garages will be an option for fans. Attached is a map that details additional parking space for fans for the 2018-19 season.
Entry into Rupp Arena will also be impacted as the student and media entrances will be relocated to the High Street entrance for the 2018-19 season. As a result, fans are encouraged to consider entering on the north side of Rupp Arena, facing the Lexington Center Shops and Triangle Park. Fans are also encouraged to arrive as early as possible and allow extra time for parking and entry, particularly for early season games as everyone adjusts to changes for this year.