UK Game-Day Operations
Rupp Arena now utilizes walk-through metal detectors. This applies at all general public, student and premium entrances. Upon arrival, fans will be requested to remove items like cell phones, keys, bags/purses and large metal objects that may set off the alarm.
For COVID-19 guidelines pertaining to UK Men's Basketball games at Rupp Arena, please visit the University of Kentucky's Gameday Information site.
A special “Express Lane” will be set up for patrons entering the arena without purses & bags.
Although these units are more effective and faster than handheld metal detectors, patrons should still plan to arrive early to events in order to avoid standing in long lines. Doors will continue to open at Rupp Arena 90 minutes prior to tip-off.
In addition, Rupp Arena security will not permit the following items inside the area:
- All illegal substances (tobacco products and electronic cigarettes are permitted in the designated smoking area outside of the arena)
- Artificial noisemakers and irritants
- Signs larger than 24" by 24"
- Beach balls
- Cameras with detachable lenses
- Selfie sticks
- Video or audio recorders
- Glass and aluminum containers
- Helium balloons
- Laser pointers/pens
- Outside food and beverages
- Stadium seats in excess of 18" wide or stadium seats with hard plastic or metal parts.
- Bags/purses, not-clear, in excess of 12" x 12" x 6"
* Diaper Bags may exceed this size requirement, please see Guest Services desk for a visual inspection. All bags and jackets are subject to inspection at all Rupp Arena entrances.
The following items are welcome inside Rupp Arena:
- Bags – one per person, clear, not to exceed 12" x 12" x 6"; all bags are subject to inspection
- Camera lenses – maximum length six inches; no detachable lenses
- Service animals – as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Personal Chairbacks / Stadium Seats – maximum width 18 inches and cannot have any hard plastic or metal parts
- Strollers – small collapsible style