COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
What we do at the heart of our business, is work to create lifelong experiences at each and every event our guests attend – we intend to do that again, as soon as it is safe and responsible to do so. To allow our venues to be prepared to welcome guests again, Central Bank Center has developed these policies and procedures with the approval of Kentucky Healthy at Work, which is part of the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services. This plan has been developed by the staff of Central Bank Center to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all who join us for the experiences we provide.
- With the limited capacity for the upcoming events, there should be ample parking for all patrons directly across from Rupp Arena in the High Street parking lots.
- Entry into the arena this season will be on the west side of the arena via the corridor connecting the new convention center to the arena.
- Tickets are mobile only and all ticket sales will be conducted online only at Ticketmaster.com.
- Patrons should be sure to have a fully charged phone and be ready to present their mobile ticket at the turnstile.
- Health Screening Questions Are Required Before Entry
- Patrons will be monitored in the seating area to ensure they maintain social distancing and sit in the area where they purchased their tickets.
- Face masks will be required at all times throughout the complex except when a patron is actively eating or drinking in their designated seat. Children 5 and under are not required to wear masks.
- Stickers will be installed on the ground designating socially distanced spacing for patrons as they line up for entry or at the concessions stands.
- Concession stands will encourage cashless transactions.
- Patrons may only have one clear bag (no larger than 12"x12"x6") or one small clutch purse, with or without handle or strap (no larger than 4.5"x 6.5") for their personal items. All bags and items will be searched. To avoid additional touch points, patrons are strongly encouraged to leave unnecessary items at home
- Gatherings of more than eight people are prohibited on the concourse and will be strictly monitored by event staff.
- Venue staff will be conducting enhanced sanitation procedures before, and during the event.
For COVID-19 guidelines pertaining to UK Men's Basketball games at Rupp Arena, please visit the University of Kentucky's Gameday Information site.
- All ticket sales will be conducted online only at Ticketmaster.com. Due to on-going construction at Rupp Arena, the on-site Ticket Office is currently closed.
- Tickets will be sold in restricted socially distanced seat blocks of up to six, with the vast majority of tickets in blocks of four.
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, tickets are mobile only. Patrons should only use the Ticketmaster transfer option to forward tickets to the attending patrons in order to aide in contact tracing.
- Upon purchasing of tickets, patrons will recieve an email confirmation of their purchase. Ticket barcodes will be delivered to patrons 72 hours prior to the event.
The Rupp Arena Ticket Office utilizes Ticketmaster as their software/distribution service for all events. Ticketmaster has created a software algorithm in which patrons can purchase tickets in allocated block sizes (two, four or six seats together) and the software will locate the appropriate number of seats spaced at a minimum of 6’ from the last order.
Parking & General Entry
Parking lots under the control of Central Bank Center will open two hours prior to the scheduled start time for concerts in an effort to reduce congestion at the entrance points.
All parking personnel will be fully trained in CDC guidelines relative to minimizing contact with patrons and proper handling of money. All personnel will have appropriate PPE including face masks/coverings and gloves.
Security officers will be assigned throughout the parking areas so as to instruct patrons to immediately proceed to the arena in an effort to eliminate any pre-event gathering in the parking lots. As with all events at Rupp Arena, tailgating is not permitted at any time.
Communication to ticket holders will be via direct e-mail and social media notifying the audience that doors will open 1.5 hours in advance of the scheduled start time so as to allow ample time to access the arena with minimal waiting in line.
All public entrances will be staffed sufficiently to expedite patrons quickly into the arena with minimal waiting. As noted in the attached diagram, the public entrance will be located on the west side of the arena with staging along High Street.
Upon arrival of the patrons, they will be directed to the High Street entrance. Entry lines will have markers placed every 6’ to mark the physical distancing queues.
Signage will be placed prior to entering the facility with information relative to temperature checks at entry, face mask requirements, overall CDC Guidelines, etc.
Face masks will be required at all times except when a patron is visibly eating or drinking.
At the security checkpoint, social distancing markers will be placed on the floor to assist with social distancing.
Effective immediately, a “clear bag” policy has been established that patrons may only have one clear bag (no larger than 12"x12"x6") or a clutch purse (no larger than 4.5"x 6.5") for their personal items when entering the facility.
Once they have cleared the bag check area, they will move through walk through magnetometers and proceed to the Ticket Takers.
Throughout the complete process above, patrons will be required to wear face masks at all times.
Upon arriving to the ticket takers, patrons should be prepared with their mobile tickets ready to be scanned.
Event staff will be located near the entrance to assist with any questions patrons may have upon entry. Additionally, staff will be assigned throughout the concourses to ensure social distance protocols are maintained throughout the event. Gatherings of more than ten people are prohibited on the concourse, and will be strictly monitored by event staff. Individual staff will be positioned at the entrance to each restroom to monitor the number of people in the restroom to comply with the same guidelines.
Ushers will be placed at the entrance of each section of seats. As a patron approaches the seating area, the usher will check to confirm they are in the correct section or provide direction to their assigned seating section. Additionally, the usher will monitor their assigned section to insure patrons are sitting in the correct seats. All seats which were not available for purchase will be marked with flagging tape so that they are easily identified to be “empty” seats.
Throughout the event, our custodial staff will be assigned specific restrooms and areas on each concourse who will monitor the area for overall cleanliness and sanitize high-contact touch points on a continuous basis throughout the event.
Merchandise areas will be limited in size and placed only in areas where social distancing can be maintained by patrons waiting in line to purchase artist product. These locations will have Plexiglas barriers similar to what is required in a food operation to separate the seller from the patrons. All vendors inside the merchandise area will comply with CDC guidelines relative to face masks, gloves and cash/credit card handling procedures.
Signs will be placed at all entry points as guests begin line queuing and entering the building.
Social distancing markers placed wherever line queing may form.